Perform repair, replacement and preventative maintenance work on all types of facility and manufacturing related equipment to ensure the unlimited availability and usage thereof. Diagnose and analyze difficult operating malfunctions and to effect major, extensive or emergency repairs and maintain equipment is such a manner as to minimize unnecessary downtime. To assist in preventative maintenance programs and perform timely equipment inspections to insure proper operation and safety compliance of manufacturing equipment. TS Supervisor, TS Group Leader, Engineers, Manufacturing Personnel and Skilled-Trade Groups
- To repair, fabricate and install equipment using electrical and mechanic tools
- Electrical shop tools and equipment – conduit benders, cable pullers, man-lifts, etc.
- Measuring instrumentation and devices- multi-meter, caliper, micrometer, transit, vibration analyzer, manifold gauge, thermometers, recording instruments, etc.
- To work from schematic diagrams, drawings, sketches, operations manuals, manufacture’s instructions, and engineering specifications as related to manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Completes PM (preventative maintenance) as scheduled, documenting and following up with any corrective actions
- Performs facility, building and grounds maintenance (lighting, minor plumbing, office moves, ceiling replacement etc.) as required
- Controls downtime by informing production team of routine maintenance work and communicating to gain priorities on assigned shifts
- Understands and applies all related Standards, Codes and Regulations.
- To notify Group Leader or Supervisor of safety related problems or issues.
- Participate in all safety and health training
- Prepare maintenance and repair ledgers and otherwise keep the manufacturing and engineering departments informed on activities, equipment performance, project status, etc.
- To maintain and place requisitions for equipment, parts and supply inventories.
- To clean and maintain a secure and safe work environment.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and augments own knowledge and skills to competently practice and apply.
- Willingness to learn Technical Services tools: mills, grinder, lathe and welder
- All other duties as assigned by Ultrafab Management.
- Effective Problem Solver – Demonstrates the use of problem solving skills to resolve issues and achieve continuous improvement.
- Tradesman – Possesses a high degree of proficiency in technical skills and practices; helps others to strive towards and achieve high standards in craftsmanship.
- Competent Organizer – Can handle multiple priories, maintains order and constancy of purpose.
- Active Communicator – Able to identify and articulate key issues to achieve mutual understanding between all levels of the organization.
- Initiative – Willing to help others, self-directed and seeks opportunities to improve.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma/ GED preferred
- Requires an electrical/mechanical vocational or trade school diploma, or equivalent job training.
- Five to six years of experience required with basic trade skills, techniques, theories and knowledge of layouts, materials, equipment, and devices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee may lift/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. The employee must be able to perform all responsibilities while adorned in proper safety eye, ear, ventilation, hand and foot protective gear.
Commitment – to family, fellow employees, and customers
Passion – to do his/her best at any assignment taking the initiative before being asked
Self-Esteem – respect for self and others
Sense of Urgency – an implicit understanding of job needs and priorities
Flexibility – willing & comfortable adapting to new circumstances & conditions
OPM – thinks of and treats the assets of the Company as if they were his/her own
An active learner – seeks feedback & constantly evaluates how things can be done better
Team orientation – enjoys working with others & accomplishing with others
Organization – easily structures & controls repetitive tasks/responsibilities
Detail Oriented – follows up all action items & has a concern for accuracy
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.