Extrusion Operator 1
This position is responsible for supplying Internal and External customers with uninterrupted flow of polypropylene extrusion products (sheet and fiber), that meets all existing quality specifications to ensure their continuous operation.
The Extrusion Department will provide quality extruded materials for our internal and external customers that meet or exceed their expectations, while doing our best in any circumstance. Foster a work environment that promotes and encourages; passion, respect, effective communication, and opportunity for growth.
Primary Responsibilities BCM1/ BCM2/ Fiber Line
- Proficient operation of both slitter processes including start-up
- Ability to assist in BCM Changeovers (removing reels, replacing reels and stringing reels back up)
- Demonstrate accurate scans of both raw materials and finished goods to ensure proper inventory levels and traceability
- Ability to assist in BGR changes and stringing up BGR’s
- Demonstrate proficiency with all Fiber Level 1 tasks (achieve 80% or higher on required exam)
- Completion of all required daily tasks including; quality checks, documentation, and cleaning
- Is compliant with standard operating procedures
- Monitor and replenish raw materials as needed
- Is compliant with all safety protocols/operating procedures
- Maintains established housekeeping practices at all times
- Assists others in the safe execution of required tasks
- Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures/standards are accomplished.
- Demonstrate an understanding of material specifications and identify discrepant materials/finished goods
- Identifies and reports quality problems with raw materials and finished product to Technician(s), Group Leaders, Supervisors, and Quality Personnel
- Completes all required documentation
- Completes and accounts for all required daily tasks
- Completion of tasks via written and verbal instruction
- Communicates machine status to ensure smooth shift to shift transition
- Reports process problems to Technician, Technical Group Leader, and Supervisor in a timely manner
- Meets daily production output goals
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or TASC preferred
- Experience with sheet and fiber extrusion operation and troubleshooting preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Experience in manufacturing processes preferred
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 55 pounds and move up to 1,500 pounds using a motorized pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, and distinguish color. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to use hearing and eye protection. The employee will be exposed to high temperatures. Must be able to wear protective clothing and gloves.
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.