This position is responsible for supplying the weather stripping areas with uninterrupted flow of polypropylene extrusion products (sheet and fiber) that meets all existing quality specifications to ensure their continuous operation.
The Extrusion Department will provide quality extruded materials for our internal and external customers that meet or exceed their expectations, while doing our best in any circumstance. Foster a work environment that promotes and encourages; passion, respect, effective communication, and opportunity for growth.
- Set up extruder and slitters for operation and makes necessary adjustments.
- Monitors extruder line and slitter conditions and quality.
- Provide operational support for new process / product improvement projects when needed.
- Troubleshooting and adjusting process / equipment as necessary to maintain production / quality standards.
- Promote safety awareness using standard procedures and risk assessment practices.
- Optimize utilization of machines (i.e. maintain appropriate machine speed within quality specifications to minimize scrap generation).
- Performs simple and some preventative maintenance on slitter and extruders.
- Encouragement of teamwork and hands on problem solving skills as they apply.
- Assists in the training of back-up personnel in machine set-up and troubleshooting.
- Moves regrind material, boxes, backing carts, etc. to/from extrusion area using tow motor.
- Grinds scrap as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains established housekeeping practices at all times.
- Identifies improvements to equipment / practices that reduce the potential for injury.
- Instruct dept personnel in proper machine operating practices that will reduce the potential for injury.
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures/standards are accomplished.
- Reports quality problems with raw materials and finished product to Senior Tech, supervisors, internal customers, Quality coordinator.
- Assists Senior Technicians with implementation of new products / processes.
- Recommend schedule changes to improve machine performance.
- Assists Senior Technicians during qualification / evaluation of new equipment or processes.
- Reports process problems to Senior Tech, Technical Group Leader, and Supervisor.
- Maximize extruder and BCM utilization through set-up and troubleshooting instruction.
Education And/Or Experience
- High school diploma required
- 5 years’ experience with sheet and fiber extrusion operation and troubleshooting preferred
- Experience with chilled water systems (cooling towers, chillers, pumps)
- Resin converging systems experience
- Experience with compressed air systems
- Basic Statistical Process Control course desired.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 55 pounds and move up to 1,500 pounds using a motorized pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, and distinguish color. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to use hearing and eye protection. The employee will be exposed to high temperatures. Must be able to wear protective clothing and gloves.
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.