Produces finished machined parts by, laying out, setting-up, tooling and operating both Computer Numerical Controlled equipment and manual type machining equipment. (Emphasis in manual milling.) Maintains quality and safety standards and effectively maintaining equipment and supplies. Works primarily with Technical Services Manager, Machinists, Electricians Elec./Mech., Engineers and occasionally production machine operators as well as purchasing administrator.
- Plans machining processes by reviewing machining schedule, Job Order requests, blueprints, engineering detail models, engineering plans, bills of materials, specifications, sketches and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Troubleshoot potential problems with CNC, G code and make necessary changes to ensure completed parts are in accordance with detail print as released.
- Set up of CNC mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, and compensation; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up and operate surface grinding equipment, to achieve finished requirements in accordance with detail print as released.
- Changeover of mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tool holders, tools, attachments, collets, stops, mounting and indicating vices and, tramming heads
- Fabricate machine components with common tightly held tolerances.
- Maintains specifications by observing the processes of drilling, borring and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and threading operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls. Replacing worn tools and tooling components.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to all standards set forth by external and internal customers.
- Inspect work for quality in process, as well as upon completion using instruments such as; micrometers, calipers venires, gauges, pins, etc.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and willingly shares knowledge.
- Clean and maintain a secure, safe work environment.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep on machine shop equipment.
- Unload and periodically load stock trucks as well as neatly storing recently arriving material.
- All other duties as assigned by Ultrafab Management.
Effectiveness, accuracy, and timely completion of fabricated/finished items. Other areas range from skill enhancement and continued education. Willingness to accept multiple responsibilities and general alignment of resource to company attribute model(s) as well small group leadership.
Education And/Or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Completed Machinist Apprenticeship Program desired or equivalent work experience (5-8 yrs. Minimum)
- GD&T Theory
- Tools & Processes of Total Quality Organization
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The key attributes of success that this employee should demonstrate are:
Commitment – to family, fellow employees, and customers
Passion – to do his/her best at any assignment taking the initiative before being asked
Self-Esteem – respect for self and others
Sense of Urgency – an implicit understanding of job needs and priorities
Flexibility – willing & comfortable adapting to new circumstances & conditions
OPM – thinks of and treats the assets of the Company as if they were his/her own
An active learner – seeks feedback & constantly evaluates how things can be done better
Team orientation – enjoys working with others & accomplishing with others
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.