To provide technical expertise and leadership in the design and development of manufacturing processes through process systems design, machine design, selection and automation. Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval. Provides technical direction as required and interfaces with all levels of staff to ensure that processes and designs are compatible. Plans technical projects and researches, evaluates, develops, defines and implements complex equipment design. Identifies problem areas and selects methods and techniques for arriving at solutions as well as design for cost and manufacturability. Only candidates with a Plastics background will be considered for this position.
- Conceive, develop, and implement new processes to advance product offerings, improve efficiencies, increase productivity, or improve quality.
- Evaluate and determine feasibility of new process concepts as it relates to proposed or existing systems or products.
- Assist in the implementation of process controls as specified in the control plan including, but limited to: process potential studies, process capability studies, and process control studies.
- Utilize high-level analytical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities to bring manufacturing process into compliance and to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, and quality improvement
- Assist in the specification and selection of material solutions for existing and new products that can be produced economically and according to established project timetables.
- Assist in product sampling and trials for new and enhanced processes to assure proper performance and approvals prior to production release.
- Provide engineering and technical support for the installation, debug and setup of automated equipment and tooling on new processes.
- Ensure all technical documentation is kept current and is available to support integration for new and existing manufacturing process systems.
- Develop, execute and maintain assigned projects as it relates to budgets, deliverables, timetables and coordination.
- To maintain and place requisitions for equipment, parts and tooling as relates new process development.
- Notify Supervisor of safety-related problems or issues.
- To clean and maintain a secure and safe work environment.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and augments own knowledge and skills to competently practice and apply.
- Some travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Education And/Or Experience
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Material Science, or Industrial Engineering
- Five years of experience required in process definition, design, scale-up, support, improvement and validation
- Strong working knowledge of plastics as it relates to properties and structures, manufacturing methodologies, joining, and forming preferred
- Must have experience with testing and proving process capabilities
- Must be technically knowledgeable in tooling, processing, materials and equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of CAD systems preferred, as well as, concepts layouts, detail drawings, component selection and specifications.
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing a plus
- Project management experience required
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Requires candidate to regularly sit, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
The key attributes of success that this employee should demonstrate are:
Commitment – to family, fellow employees, and customers
Passion – to do his/her best at any assignment taking the initiative before being asked
Self-Esteem – respect for self and others
Sense of Urgency – an implicit understanding of job needs and priorities
Flexibility – willing & comfortable adapting to new circumstances & conditions
OPM – thinks of and treats the assets of the Company as if they were his/her own
An active learner – seeks feedback & constantly evaluates how things can be done better
Team orientation – enjoys working with others & accomplishing with others
Organization – easily structures & controls repetitive tasks/responsibilities
Detail Oriented – follows up all action items & has a concern for accuracy
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.