Quality Team Supervisor
The Quality Team Supervisor is responsible for developing and fostering strong relationships with customers and reports to promote company quality programs and to proactively respond to customer needs. Directly manage, train, develop and evaluate the Quality Operators and Analysts. Use quality metrics to develop improvement activities and quantify improvement results. Coordinate, support and participate in Six Sigma and Lean efforts. Monitor, measure and report to senior managers the overall health and status of the company’s quality management system and continuous improvement activities.
- Document Control for procedures and work instruction
- Maintain essential quality documentation
- Oversee and ensure consistent application of quality standards and analysis of
quality data measures and procedures
- Measure and report quality performance metrics
- Manage, maintain and respond to the customer corrective action process
- Manage material and product tests as required
- Manage and maintain calibration records
- Evaluate current material testing methods/practices
- Provide support in the development and administration of material
- Assist in the management of on-going vendor relationships
- Provide direction to the Quality Assurance operators
- Assist all functional areas in applying statistical measurements/process capability
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree preferred
- ASQ Quality Process Analyst certification preferred
- Trained as an ISO auditor preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a quality leadership role, preferably in a
- 5+ years quality experience required:
o Root cause and corrective action plans
o Establishing standard operating procedures
o Proven analytical skills, trends and metrics
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts preferred
- Must be able to write clearly and informatively, and be able to read and
interpret written information
- Experience with gauge calibration and gauge reproducibility and repeatability
- Basic Microsoft Office and database application skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to use hearing protection.
The key attributes of success that this employee should demonstrate are:
Integrity – high moral character, honest and trustworthy. Upright citizen of the
community and Ultrafab.
Initiative – Seeks feedback and thinks outside h/h comfort zone. Desire to do your best
at all assignments, always evaluating how to do things better.
Self Esteem – Awareness of self-including strengths & weaknesses. Always seeking to
Flexibility – willing and comfortable adapting to new circumstances and conditions.
Passion – maintains a positive attitude, working with enthusiasm each day.
Sense of Urgency – an implicit understanding of job needs and priorities.
Commitment – thinks of and treats the assets of the Company as if they were his or her
Team orientation – enjoys working, assisting and accomplishing with others.
Leadership – directs process / work groups by example; a “player-coach”; able to
resolve conflict. Takes action to drive progress.
Organization – easily manages time and resources, structures and controls repetitive
Communication – composed and articulate with w/verbal interaction.
Detail Oriented – follows up all action items and has a concern for accuracy.
Willing to travel or make a personal sacrifice to support a business need.
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.