This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and processes utilized in the production of quality weather stripping for customers in the window and door manufacturing industry. The Technician works closely and communicates with the Operators, Team Department Specialists, Team Group Leaders and the Shift Supervisor and other personnel as necessary to maintain continuous operation of the equipment and processes.
Performs all functions and responsibilities of a Machine Operator, Performs set-up, changeover and troubleshooting of standard weather-strip machines. Develops operator personnel, Provides support to Team Department Supervisors, on data collection, Achieves Safety, Quality, Service and Productivity Goals.
The Technician 1 works with other technicians, operators and Technicians specialists in a team effort and shares responsibility for safety, quality and efficiency of the equipment and/or processes assigned to the work team in accordance with established standard work and procedures.
Technician 1 duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures
- Properly stores parts and equipment related to machine set up practices when not in use
- Identifies improvements to equipment/practices that reduce potential for injury
- Supports all plant or departmental safety initiatives
- Ensure Quality Assurance procedures/standards are accomplished
- Follows and signs off parts description sheets for machine changeover
- Reports quality problems with material
- Reports process problems to Technician Department Specialists, Team Group leaders and the Shift Supervisor
- Maximize machine utilization through set-up and troubleshooting instruction
- Able to communicate to all levels of the organization professionally
- Sets high standards and develops operators
- Maintains effective communication between all technicians
- Assists in establishing teamwork and utilization of problem solving skills
- Lead team-based problem solving activities
- Cultivates teamwork within work group and with other functions
- High proficiency in set-up and troubleshooting Weather Strip machines
- Identify improvements to operator and technician training process
- All other duties as assigned by Ultrafab Management
- Achievement of machine productivity, effectiveness of changeovers and problem solving, set-up level of proficiency/utilization and completion of machine maintenance programs
- Minimal missed shipment dates or wrong product made.
- Actively participates in safety and positive work relationships.
- Effectiveness of training activities
- Smooth shift turnover; consistent communication of machine problems/cell technical issues
- Effective problem solver: demonstrates use of problem solving model to resolve problems and achieves continuous improvement
- Superb technical skills: high proficiency in set-up and troubleshooting WS machines; develops key personnel skills and proficiency; sets high standards
- Competent organizer: Can handle multiple machine priorities and training tasks.
- Active Communicator: Able to communicate openly and professionally to all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated proficiency in all levels of Machine Operator
- Successful completion of technician training
- High School diploma, GED, TASC or equivalent preferred
- Two year manufacturing experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must be able to use hearing protection.
The key attributes of success that this employee should demonstrate are:
Commitment – to family, fellow employees, and customers
Passion – to do his/her best at any assignment taking the initiative before being asked
Self-Esteem – respect for self and others
Sense of Urgency – an implicit understanding of job needs and priorities
Flexibility – willing & comfortable adapting to new circumstances & conditions
OPM – thinks of and treats the assets of the Company as if they were his/her own
An active learner – seeks feedback & constantly evaluates how things can be done better
Team orientation – enjoys working with others & accomplishing with others
How to Apply
There are 3 easy ways to apply for one of our current openings.